Project Service, Inc
Job Summary: As a security guard, you are responsible for the day to day activities at client location. You will be responsible for safety, making sure visitors and/or contractors are signed in and have proper paperwork, and completing security rounds in designated area.
- Answering and transferring telephone calls
- Opening and closing the gate, directing authorized personnel to designated areas of the plant
- Keeping unauthorized persons off company property
- Read meters and document recordings
- Keep log book and reports up to date
- Make rounds throughout plant
- Report problems to department supervisor
- Be alert for fires or other dangerous situations
- Securing doors and windows
- Checking material slips for items arriving or being removed from site
- Checking trucks for proper pass, log truck in and out
- Greeting visitors, directing them to proper areas of the site, recording their visit on a sign in sheet
- Make sure all visitors have proper safety equipment before allowing to enter designated areas
- Chauffeuring employees, crew and guests to designated appointments
- Possess a commitment to SAFETY at all times and demonstrate commitment by their actions
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment with the ability to work independently
- Basic computer skills (office, word, outlook)
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. May have to work in areas of high (extreme) heat or cold, high humidity, dusty environments, elevated areas and confined spaces. Additional physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 35 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all weather environments
- Flexible schedule
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend all written instruction and labeling/signage associated with job
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and demonstrates such
- Must pass drug test
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must have reliable transportation
- Abide by Project Service Inc. Company and Employee Policy Manual
- Follow safety and site procedures of client
- Be an “At Will” employee
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by persons within this job classification.
It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all the duties required to perform the job.
Additional duties may be required to perform the job effectively.
Interested individuals are asked to complete a job application.