Loss Prevention Officer - Escanaba, MI
Assist in the day to day security operations as directed by the Site Supervisor and Loss Prevention Officers (LPO) emergency response requirements. Assist in managing a team of LPO’s to include hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support. Ensure the Client Site is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property. Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both the client and employees. Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet and exceed financial and operational goals and provide quality customer service. Ensure all required reporting and contract compliance requirements are met. Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Other management responsibilities as determined by the Client or Director of Security.
- Become knowledgeable in all aspects of site requirements of all LPO job related roles and responsibilities.
- Develop, organize, and implement training at all levels of employee development.
- Utilize effective communication at a high level to achieve quality employee development through training programs and coaching during day to day interactions with employees and continuing educational development.
- Record keeping of training dates and anticipated refresher.
- Maintain LPO Training Matrixes.
- Must be willing and flexible to assist where needed in day-to-day operations as a leader.
- Fill in unexpected vacant shifts as needed – as a last resort option.
- Fill in as “acting” Site Supervisor during planned or unexpected shift vacancies of the Site Supervisor.
- Liaison between employees and Site Supervisor to build and maintain employee relations.
- Preferred qualifications: fire fighter I/II, medical certifications (EMR/EMT), industrial work environment experience.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 year work experience in security preferred
- Previous payroll, billing and scheduling experience preferred
- Must be proficient with computers
- Possess a commitment to SAFETY at all times and demonstrate this commitment by their actions
- Must have the ability to establish a common understanding of goals and expectations with direct reports
- Must possess and develop an atmosphere of respect and credibility
- Ability to develop and grow customer relationships
- Strong time management experience required with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations, a diverse team of employees and client requirements on an ongoing basis
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. May have to work in areas of high (extreme) heat or cold, high humidity, dusty environments, elevated areas and confined spaces. Additional physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 35 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all-weather environments
- Must pass pre-employment fit-for-duty physical.
- Must be able to work in an industrial setting that contains high levels of noise.
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend all written instruction and labeling/signage associated with job
- Self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and demonstrates such
- Must pass drug test
- Must pass criminal background check
- Abide by Project Service Inc. Company and Employee Policy Manual
- Follow safety and site procedures of client
- Be an “At Will” employee
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- In the event of a mill emergency, you must respond to site if contacted
Interested individuals are asked to fill out an application: